I WISH this is what it looked like this year! But no, everything is still snowless. Global warming?! (This picture is from 2010.)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big Beach Blogpost!

I have not been posting in a while for two reasons.
1. This one isn't a big deal. The internet access was down.
2. This one is the big deal, the thing I'm going to be blogging about. I went to the beach.
Every year, our grandparents rent a beach house on the Outer Banks. Then we all go to the beach house together for a family reunion. This year, there were 5 big parts about the beach that everyone went crazy about. They were:
1. Theme Nights. Every year, we have things called theme nights. Each family gets to make up a theme for a dinner. For example, this year we had .....
*Bug Day, where we ate cheeseburgers and "flies".
*Cincinnati Night, where we ate foods inspired by a family-famous Ohio restaurant.
* A night where we did a kabob bar.
* A "Create Your own" night with sandwich and ice cream bars.
*And many more!!!!
2. The Beach And Pool. There is nothing our family loves to do more at the beach than to soak in a pool (or hot tub!) after a whole morning of sandcastles and surfing.
3. Little Extras. In our spare time, we would usually be doing a craft, watching TV, playing cards, playing Apples to Apples, or playing volleyball.
4. Our Special Outings. This year we made our annual trips to go to Jockey's Ridge, The Currituck Lighthouse, and Five Guys.
5. The Surf Club. My cousins and I LOVE bogieboarding and wave jumping. So we started a special club. We surfed by day and held meetings at night.

When I went home, I wrote lots of poems, lists, and stories about our experiences at the beach. But there was a special one I wanted to post on my blog. It's a list of terms that we used in the Surf Club a lot. It's called, "Surf Club Lingo."
Surf Club Lingo
baby wave- a tiny wave
mommy\daddy wave- a bigger wave
grandpa wave- a REALLY BIG wave
ghost wave-a very big big wave
tsunami-a very big wave that can do a lot of damage. They often happen in Japan.
Surf Club meeting- a meeting where the members of the Surf Club just play some type of game.
Oh, I want crabs for Christmas- a song we sing either when we are out deep in the water or when we are happy
Take me home country waves-a song we sing when we want thProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

waves to take us "home"
floater- a wave that is easy to float over
stopper- a wave that looks like it will take you very far but when you ride it, it doesn't
wave jumping- the art of jumping over waves



I hope some more summer adventures come my way.....



4 comments:

  1. I like 'Stopper' the best. I remember trying to ride a few waves in myself with this problem. (I also remember getting totally bombed by a wave. That hasn't happened to you yet, so you don't have a term for it. Let's try to make sure that doesn't happen, OK?)

    Nice list poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach!
    I like the floater best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times! I love the name of your club. Very beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CJ,

    I'm working on getting your internet access back. Sadly, I think your old iMac may need to be retired, but I'm glad to see you've found a temporary alternative.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Stretch your brain and think of a quirky comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...