I WISH this is what it looked like this year! But no, everything is still snowless. Global warming?! (This picture is from 2010.)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting...And Waiting And Waiting And Waiting

August 12.
So close, and yet so far away.
The start of our summer road trip- and my first one that covers 10 hours in one day.

WHEN? WHEN WILL THE DAY COME? EVERY DAY IS ALMOST LIKE A REPLICA OF THE DAY BEFORE! WE NEED SOMETHING NEW HERE, PEOPLE!

Every day, I cross off squares on my calender with a red inked pen. It isn't helping.
Mom and I talk about travel plans hourly. That helps, but afterward I almost hear a little voice in my head, taunting me: "15 days more, CJ! 15 days more!"

The theater camp's exhibition is this Friday. Time seems to just inch along until then.

And then, there's that Nationals game next week on Sunday. I'll have to do a lot of waiting then, even: waiting to catch the next Metro ride, waiting for the loud fireworks to end, waiting for Ryan Zimmerman to hit a homer, waiting for cheese pizza to be dished up on my plate at Carraba's, however you spell that.

And all that bounces along in my brain and mixes with our theater finale song and my Mp3 soundtracks for the trip.....

(Chicago trumpets with German music)
There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And I'm waiting for the break of day....
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is searching for something to say... 25 or 6 to 4!

All that waiting is just too much.
However, on a lighter note, I won 2 games of Solitaire yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. On the bright side, you're going to have quite the selection of cooking shows and game shows to watch, and music to listen to, on your big trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't miss all these special things happening before we leave. You have a couple youth outings on the calendar, too. And when are we doing middle school shopping?! Need a date for that. LOTS of fun times ahead, with the travel.... Oh, and I like the Chicago reference, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A couple"? The last time I checked, it was just Cici's and Serve and Swim. Syndor's River was out of the question. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Stretch your brain and think of a quirky comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...