I WISH this is what it looked like this year! But no, everything is still snowless. Global warming?! (This picture is from 2010.)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

If I Didn't Look Up

a poem by Claire

Maybe I could've climbed higher, reached higher, and gotten to the top if I hadn't done what I did. Maybe I could've gotten the praise ,gotten the glory and gotten a bit more done if I hadn't done what I did. Maybe I wouldn't say "I'm ready to come down" so soon if I hadn't done what I did. What did I do? I simply looked up!

This poem was written after a trip to Challenge Discovery, where we climbed tall structures. I was ashamed of myself for looking up at the rest of whatever we were climbing because it looked odd up there, and the areas I thought I could reach looked harder to reach then I thought. I would always go down at this point. I did this on all my turns, so I never really made any progress. But I still had a lot of fun, and that's what really matters!



4 comments:

  1. "But I still had fun and that's what really matters." That is what really matters! Glad it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog world Claire. I am encouraged to read your words, ideas and insight...as I know God will work through you to reach the hearts of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you hadn't tried you never would have even left the ground!!

    Sounds to me like you were brave to even start it!

    I'm loving loving loving loving loving loving loving your new blog!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is great is that you learned from your lesson instead of giving up. So you had fun, you tried, and you learned a lesson. That's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Stretch your brain and think of a quirky comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...