I WISH this is what it looked like this year! But no, everything is still snowless. Global warming?! (This picture is from 2010.)

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Get Your Ice Cold Lemonade!

So here I am, getting the mail, minding my own business, when I hear a car drive by, followed by shouts of "LEMONADE! 25 CENTS A CUP!"
This can only mean one thing. I look down at the street corner of the third nearest cul-de-sac and see kids waving signs and screaming like crazy next to a table. A lemonade stand!

This was the scenario last Saturday, and I hopped on my scooter to check it out. Turns out, my friend S and some other girls were holding a stand- and after a ride around the block, there were 25 cent cookies too. Mom let me go over for a while, and after distributing origami fans all around, I was soon appointed to "patrol the streets." Translation: I was the one who yelled "CAR!" when someone drove near. I was even able to get a van from some company to pull over. I'd also tell people about our stand, too- an action that made one man buy so many cookies, we only had one left!

When there was a lack of customers, we'd run to a trampoline in the front yard, jump on it, and try to grab the nearest tree branch. It was fun- and it helped pass the time. S also told me about a remarkable feat they'd accomplished- getting the nieghborhood UPS truck to buy some lemonade. WOW!

The lemonade stand was a success! We made about $11 and hope to make some more sales soon- at the fall yard sale, perhaps? :^)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stretch your brain and think of a quirky comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...